2019 Hackschool Conference
You have questions. We have answers.
Join us on Friday, May 10th, 2019 - from noon-3pm to network and share info on every homeschooling topic imaginable.
Watch this space for our precise lineup, but know there will be panel discussions, hands-on demonstrations, and tables with information hosted by a variety of homeschoolers and vendors. Previous conference topics are below, and we'll be adding TEEN PANELS, a BOOK SWAP and a CURRICULUM EXCHANGE as well!
- Socialization & Other Myths
- Unschool, Hackschool, Lifeschool (what are these things and how they create an educated adult)
- Learning Differences & Integrated Learning (traditional learning reboot to accommodate everyone)
- Virtual Schools, Co-ops and Other Educational Opportunities
- High School & College Options
- A Day in the Life: Are We Normal? (sanity check for those in the midst of it!)
- When Your Spouse Doesn't Want to Homeschool & How to Make the Case
- How Families Balance Work & Homeschool
Who is this conference for? Current and prospective homeschoolers. Anyone wanting to network, meet others facing similar struggles, or those just seeking answers to questions as they consider starting this journey. Single moms, w0rking moms, homeschool Dads and others who may feel marginalized are encouraged to attend. This is event is neither secular nor religious. Resources benefitting everyone will be shared.
There will be light refreshments, a lunch break, toddler through teen activities (along with some friendly kids to welcome them!) and each attendee will leave with an information packet.
Location is changing. Will be in Metairie. Watch for more info.
We're inviting local homeschoolers to share expertise. If you have resources to share about any of the topics above, or other ideas to offer, reach out using the form below!
Panel Participation Guidelines
If you would like to join a panel, please share some info about yourself and the topic you'd like to address. We're limited to four participants (and one moderator) per panel.
Questions will be shared with you ahead of time to prepare for the discussion, and there will be a mandatory "run through" for your panel members as well. On the day of the event, you must arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled time.
Panel participants (upon request) are welcome to table space to share information and are listed in all event materials. And be sure to prepare handouts/offers to share as well, if you like!